Palms Casino Resort SMS Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. TERRITORIES, OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is Palms Casino Resort (“Sponsor”), 4321 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103.
2) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: SMS Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts February 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (“PST”) and ends December 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”)
3) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S. AND AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. The officers, directors, and employees of the FP Holdings. LP. dba Palms Casino Resort (the “Sponsor”) Sponsor’s licensors and each of their respective parents subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising, promotional agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) or persons living in the same household of any such employee (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void in the Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
4) HOW TO ENTER: No purchase (or mobile access) necessary to enter:
The Sweepstakes consists of one (1) random drawing (“Drawing”) to be conducted each month in accordance with Section 5 of these Official Rules. There are two ways to enter. Participants with non-web enabled phones will need to enter via the mail.
Entry Via Mobile Device. To submit an entry electronically, text keyword “WIN” to short code 48141. All such electronic entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Drawing.Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to unsubscribe..
Entry Via Mail. To enter by mail, simply hand print your name, mailing address (including zip code), telephone number (including area code), email address (optional) and date of birth on a postcard and mail it to: SMS Sweepstakes, c/o Palms Casino Resort Marketing, 4321 W. Flamingo Road Las Vegas, NV 89103.
All mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 31, 2013 and received by Sponsor by December 5, 2013. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, or entries that do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, all of which will be disqualified.
Limits: Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person during the Entry Period regardless of method of entry. Limit one person per email address. Entries in excess of this limit will be ineligible and disqualified.
5) GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: The potential winners will be notified on or about the first Monday of the month starting March 2013 and ending December 2013 via the mobile number provided on the entry form and must respond within forty eight (48) hours of receiving the notification. The potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within twenty four (24) hours of prize notification. Failure to return these documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is unwilling or unable to accept the prize, will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6) PRIZE: There will be (1) Grand Prize awarded. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a two (2) night stay in a Premier Room at Palms Casino Resort and a $50 food and beverage credit to be used at dining options on property. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is: $250.00. Entries and prizes are nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions are permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal, lesser or greater monetary value or cash value for any prize. Dates available for redemption of the two (2) night stay for one (1) Grand Prize Winner are subject to availability. Winners shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of their prize. Prize must be redeemed by December 28th, 2014. The results of the contest will be announced on or about the first Monday of each month starting in March 2013 and ending in December 2013.
7) GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which are final and binding and (ii) if you are chosen as the winner, to consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, city and state of residence and photograph or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online and off-line in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Entry materials that have been tampered with are void. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry was submitted and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses at the time the entry was submitted. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Nevada, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nevada. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the City and County of Nevada. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have. Sweepstakes materials are void if incomplete or if they contain errors. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8) CONDUCT: By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from the application hosted on the promotion page
(http://www.palms.com/sms-sweepstakes/) throughout the Sweepstakes period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any human error, technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; or (e) any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials from the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, without further liability to the entrants or third parties. If terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of termination. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at (http://www.palms.com/sms-sweepstakes/). Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents.
10) RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Palms Casino Resort, Palms Casino Resort licensors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertisers, promotional or judging agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sweepstakes page; (b) submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (c) the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of the offering of the prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after it has been delivered. The Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of the prize.
11) WINNER: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SMS Sweepstakes, c/o Palms Casino Resort Marketing, 4321 W. Flamingo Road Las Vegas, NV 89103.
12) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor/Administrator: FP Holdings. LP. dba Palms Casino Resort, 4321 W. Flamingo Road Las Vegas, NV 89103.